MENU
Menu
Home Total now owns 70% of Landulpho Alves after sale by Petrobras

Total now owns 70% of Landulpho Alves after sale by Petrobras

31 July 2018 to 03: 14
To Share
Share on WhatsApp
Share on Facebook
Share on LinkedIn
Share on Telegram
Share on Twitter
Share on Email
Follow us on Google News
Landulpho Alves Refinery
Landulpho Alves Refinery

Petrobras sold 70% of Landulpho Alves to Total, according to information from the Union.

In the city of São Francisco do Conde, in Bahia, the Sindipetro-Ba (Oil Workers Union of Bahia) announced the sale by Petrobras of 70% of the Landulpho Alves Refinery (Rlam) for the company Total. Being the second refinery in the country in terms of “processing capacity”, Rlam started operations in 1950 and was the first with refining capacity in the Petrobras system. Agreements and meetings with Total, Petrobras was already having a more advanced conversation with the French company. It is worth noting that the company also has interests in thermal power plants in Salvador (Metropolitan Region).

Petrobras as a minority shareholder

In previous conversations, representatives of Sindipetro informed that the Brazilian state-owned oil company held advanced talks with the French company Total, which even has interests in thermal power plants in the Metropolitan Region of Salvador (RMS). With this sale of 70% of the refinery, Petrobras will remain a minority shareholder, thus remaining with only 30% remaining. With this new direction, the refinery has already started collecting information such as benefits, employees, profile, outsourced workers, leaves, contracts in progress, etc., according to Sindipetro-BA.

In 2014, the refinery employed around 1400 professionals, according to information from the oil workers. The French company, as it already has other partnerships in the metropolitan region of Salvador, will also take over the staff and the logistics system. The sale was consummated, even without official confirmation, says Leonardo Urpia, Sindipetro's communication director.

Posts
Mais recentes
COMPARTILHAR